Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution entails hoarding and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting vendor. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a look at these. Thus, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you'd like to run a weblog, email addresses, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a service distributed by given companies, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between different hosts of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a big quantity of pics with comrades or colleagues since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your electronic mail accounts. Some corporations provide website hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to run an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to manage as many videos as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to have a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Lonex, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the usual email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for specific web content solely.